Thursday, November 11, 2010

Trend goes Vintage

My grandmother was a buyer for a department store in New York when I was little and she was the epitomy of the glamourous woman. It is that style of the old that is coming back into style again and I LOVE it. When I find a vintage piece {brooch, earrings, buttons} I swoon at the sight.It brings back those memories of my elegant, glamourous and stylish grandmother. I am not the only one who has become obssessed with taking these vintage findings and turning them into one of a kind, beautiful pieces of wearable art. These repurposed vintage styles are walking the runway and covering magazines.

This past weekend, I took a trip with my mother to the flea market in search of some vintage finds. It was the first time I have ever gone and. . .IT WAS AN EXPERIENCE. I was able to find a few things though, but I definately felt the need to wash my hands when I left.


Here are some pieces that I made with some of the vintage finds that I have acquired lately, and they are so stunning. I would wear them everyday if I could. (Price available upon request, the above photo is also a Courtney Lee Designs original)


No comments:

Post a Comment